Top folding instructions

To: genehart@att.net
Subject: Top folding instructions
From: DaCRANEz@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 23:22:02 EDT
Due a number of requests here are the instructions as originally offered by
Pete Chadwell on the VTR site:
  With the top up, open each latch under the header rail. Then unsnap the six
snaps under the quarter windows. Then separate the velcro strips running
along the tops of the side windows.  You'll have to unsnap the (five I believe)
snaps above the rear window. Now, (on the outside) grab the header rail in the
middle with one hand, and the flap above the rear window with the other. Lift
both, pulling the vinyl away from the frame as it collapses. Now the vinyl
should all be lying flat on the rear deck with the quarter windowssticking out
the sides. The only place the vinyl is attached now is at the header rail,
which is now stowed. Now lift the vinyl up and fold it forward over the top
frame. Now, the quarter windows are still sticking out to the sides, but the
rear
window is facing up, right above the stowed top frame. Now fold each quarter
window panel in over the window. (I put a soft towel on top of the rear window
at this point, just for good measure,before folding the quarter windows in on
top of it) Now you can button up your top boot.

Pete mentioned that this procedure is described in the TR6 owners manual with
pictures.

Mike C (still fighting an electrical problem)

Check out the new British Cars Forum: