Re: TR6 decals

To: IBreyer@fw1.Hartynet.com, 6pack@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 decals
From: TR6UO@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 11:02:10 EDT
In a message dated 10/5/2004 7:24:49 AM Pacific Standard Time,
IBreyer@fw1.Hartynet.com writes:
placement
of the TR6 decals on the rear quarter panels for a 1972 TR6 and also the
rear Triumph badge
Ian,
Recent postings aside, the correct decal for the '72 is the "TR6", no flag.
The original location is exactly one inch in front of the wrap-around rear side
marker (amber for European models, red for No. American models), vertically
on-center. The rear badge is centered above the right tail lamp on the
blackened valence. The left edge of the badge should line up with the clear and
red
lens divide. The top should be 3/4 inches from the trunk opening lip. I am
uncertain whether this will vary without the "Overdrive" emblem below the
badge.
The '72 also had the BLC badges on the lower quarter of the front fenders. Let
me know if you need the exact location.

Sources:     Bill Piggott, Original Triumph
                   Triumph Buyers Guide

Steve
'72

Check out the new British Cars Forum: