Knock-off Hammer

To: 6pack@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Knock-off Hammer
From: Acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 22:39:16 -0400
Hi List,

Not so long ago I replaced my octagon knock-offs with two earred and at the
time purchased a copper and hide hammer.  Well I havent used the hammer all
that much but now the rawhide is essentially gone and the ears of the
knock-offs have taken a few hits and will be ruined within a few removals.
Does this match others experiences or have I received a hammer with defective
rawhide.  Is it possible to just replace the rawhide alone or am I faced with
either ruining the knock-off or replacing the hammer?  Any information from
those who have been there and done that please let me know.

Thanks,

Aaron Cropley
71 TR6 with Throttle Body Injection and painted wire wheels

Check out the new British Cars Forum: