Re: Triumphest

To: 6pack@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Triumphest
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 12:40:24 -0700
Sam----Having bought gas for the TR in about 45 States, this is the
difference I have found:
 Gas sold in the higher elevations are typically lower in octane,
because the "locals" don't need it.

The reformulated gas in most of California is supposed to be oxygenated.
Keeping track of gas mileage as I do, this gas returns about 5% less mpg
than that purchased in other parts of the country. (Also true for my
other car)

Expect to pay about 10% more for gas, when out of the big cities.

Other than the above mentioned, your TR should have no problem in using
the gas purchased from filling stations in Tahoe, should the need arise.
See you there!

Dick Taylor
Entry #83
Los Angeles

Sam asked:

Sender: owner-6pack@autox.team.net From: TRDOCTOR@aol.com Date: Sun, Sep
26, 2004, 9:32am (PDT+3) To: 6pack@autox.team.net Subject: TRiumphest
Hello everyone. Carol and I are getting ready to head for Lake Tahoe and
TRiumphest. I have a question. Do I take a full tank of gas from Tulsa
(cheaper and not reformulated and, yes, we are trailering) or get gas
for the area when we get there (formulated for the altitude)?
Sam

Check out the new British Cars Forum: