carb to hood clearance

To: 6pack List <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: carb to hood clearance
From: Jay Snable <jsnable@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 19:48:26 -0700
Hi All,

I have tracked down some strange rattling to the fact that my car's
hood is contacting the front carb. In this case, it is a GoodParts
triple Stromberg setup, but from the paint it looks like even the old
stock setup rubbed slightly. I have tried loosening the motor mounts
and the engine seems to be as far down as it will go (and I don't want
to raise the hood as it is aligned well). I am thinking about enlarging
the holes on the mounts to let the engine sit lower. Anybody else have
this problem and/or what should the clearance be?