vibration

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: vibration
From: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 17:59:33 EDT
Hi list,
I've installed a used transmission with an A overdrive to replace my slow
(no) synchro 4-speed.  I have an unusual vibration that I didn't have before.
Before installing, the transmission looked good.  I know there can be a lot
wrong that is not apparent upon visual inspection, but to my eyes it looked ok.

ie; no broken teeth, no weird colors, no bits or pieces laying in the case.
The car shifts great, and the tranny makes no noises whatsoever.  I didn't
change out the clutch (it had less than 10,000 miles.  At about 50mph I feel a
"buzzing" vibration in my feet, butt and on the steering wheel.  The vibration
is
worse coasting (no power applied) and better when the engine is under load.
The vibration is still there when I push in the clutch, or take the tranny out
of gear.  It doesn't matter what gear the car is in, or whether or not OD is
in or out.  I've considered rotating the drive shaft at the transmission 180
degrees, hoping that they are mated out of balance?  Or, could this represent
an
internal transmission problem?  The car ran/rolled very smoothly before the
transmission swap.
Joe Davis