RE: Help with tool name and where to purchase it.

To: feickert@alltel.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Help with tool name and where to purchase it.
From: "Todd Bermudez" <red_tr250@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 08:08:57 -0400
Carl,

You shouldn't need a tool to do that specific job.  Put the rear of the car
on jack stands.  Release the e-brake.  Then use your jack to raise the
trailing arm enough to take the pressure off the vertical shock link.  Undo
the vertical shock link at the trailing arm.  You'll need to losen the brake
line from the trailing arm as well.  At this point you can slowly lower the
jack.  You'll probably need to rotate the axle in order to get the trailing
arm all the way down.  Once all the way down, voila, the spring will come
right out by hand.

Good luck,

Todd
TR250
74TR6

p.s.  As far as the front springs, I'm told you can use the weight of the
engine to do more or less the same thing...without the engine, use a long
threaded rod/w big washers to compress the springs or a spring compressor.