Re: cruise control

To: tr6taylor@webtv.net
Subject: Re: cruise control
From: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 08:43:36 EDT
Dick,
I'd be interested in details of how you adjusted the throttle linkage.  I
definitely need more leg room.  It seems to me that the key  is getting the gas
pedal closer to the fIoor. I've tried to fiddle with mine...mainly adjusting
the height of the gas pedal by loosening the pinch bolt on the rod that passes
through the bulkhead. I can get a little more room this way and still get
complete throttle opening.  The pedal is at the same level as the brake.  I've
tried to mess with the geometry of the linkage with no success.  I understand
that
you can reposition the attachment points on the bell crank and make a big
difference.  I've not tried that yet.  If I could bring the steering wheel
closer
to me by an inch or so, that would help enormously.  I've already ground down
the attachment points of the seat at the front.  This has lowered the seat
about an inch which has helped a bit.
Joe Davis