RE: Looking for mirror

To: "'Robert M. Lang'" <lang@isis.mit.edu>, Davgil@aol.com
Subject: RE: Looking for mirror
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 13:44:25 -0400
Hi Robert:

Now you're going to get hammered for being elitist or rich. I don't think
you're the former, and it would be nice if you were the latter, but in
either case I tend to agree with you. That being said, you should have seen
some of the solutions I used when I was running my TR6 back in the 80s. I
remember desperately needing new front shock absobers and seeing a couple of
unidentified units sitting in a bargain bin at Canadian Tire for $2.50 each
that were almost exactly the same format as the TR's. I managed to extract
the cross-bars from my old shocks and stick them in the new ones and
coverted them to fit in the TR6. God knows what they were actually for, but
they worked. Boy I needed every penny back then (that doesn't seem to have
changed despite the time passed...), but I really wanted to drive my Triumph
no matter what I had to do to get there.

Actually I'm almost sure I remembered to buy real ones during the
restoration, but now that I think about it...

Mark