Re: Lost Californian needs help with TR6

To: kaicee@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Lost Californian needs help with TR6
From: kaicee <kaicee@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 20:51:52 -0700
Thank you for the insightful comments and help about my TR6.

Actually I've had the car for just under 20 years and have not driven it in
that period.  It collected dust while I collected miscellaneous parts for
it here and there.  Now I want to strip the thing down and make it
right.   Though "right" appears to be subjective: right - as in "just out
of the factory door in 1970 right, or right - as when dealing with what the
car could be if the appropriate care is taken to make it the best it able
to be.

The latter is the option that I tend towards because I feel it would most
closely respect the designer's ideas, most practical in decreasing wear and
tear and more pleasing to the most important person in the whole deal -
me.  I'm really not overly ego-centric but if I'm not looking to compete or
sell the car, why not make it the most personally enjoyable vehicle _for my
tastes?_

This should mean that the hardtop will actually mate and SOLIDLY attach to
the windscreen frame and the doors close with a repeatable snap and
(hopefully) nothing will leak (except the occasional synthetic bean oil
from under the bonnet).

Nice to know you folks are out there to converse with - stay in touch!
Best wishes,
Ken
Glendale, California