Wobble update

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Wobble update
From: "Todd Bermudez" <red_tr250@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 08:44:16 -0400
Thanks to all the suggestions regarding the wobble in the rear end.

I think I've resolved what ever the issue was.  I'm guessing the problem was
a worn hub.  After replacing the bushings on both sides with urethane and
swapping the brackets on the passenger side(correcting the negative camber)
I still had the wobble.  During the passenger side bushing change I thought
I might have excessive run out in the flange causing the brake shoes to hit
the brake drum...resulting in the vibration?  WRONG.  I changed the
hub...the run out was definitely better, but didn't correct the problem.
Then on to the driver side.  The driver side hub was slightly loose when
pulling the tire from top to bottom.  I changed the hub out & of course
after that installation I quickly figured out that the hub I'd just
installed was bad.  I figured I'd try the hub that I'd taken off the
passenger side as it was pretty tight.  In addition to all that, I backed
off the brake adjusters till they didn't rub.

After all this the wobble was gone.  I'm still not sure if it was a bad hub,
the brakes or maybe even one of the u-joints?  DON'T CARE!

The urethane bushings really did away with that weird wandering the rear end
too.  Don't like that feeling!

Moved on to the radio & installing rear speakers.  Gotta have tunes for the
trip to Chateau Elan!

Todd

it's FREE! http://messenger.msn.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/