Electric Cooling Fans

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Electric Cooling Fans
From: "Glenn Rierson" <glenn.rierson@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 20:45:05 -0600
Often one of the threads on this forum is the use of electric fans, pushers or
pullers, to cool and/or increase the hp of the TR6.  In my locale (Texas) I
need all the air movement I can get so I won't be going the hp increase
direction but rather for out right cooling.  Looking at the various catalogs
from TRF, Moss, VB and Rimmer, there seems to be two fan manufacturers and
three possible actuation methods.  The recommended fan size for the TR6 is
14".  The two fan makers are Kenlowe and Hayden.  The three fan control
methods are preset (on 185 off 170) with the sensor installed in the bottom
return hose, thermo sensing requiring modification of the steel water return
pipe and manual using a thermo sensing unit in the return hose with a manual
temperature selector/override in the cockpit.  I know there must be pro's and
con's for each but those using the fans as a pusher please let me know which
fan manufacturer and thermostatic control method is the better and most fool
proof (the last item is for me).

Thanks,
Glenn Rierson
'70 TR6