RE: Cylinder head identification - '70 TR6

To: "Glenn Rierson" <glenn.rierson@verizon.net>,
Subject: RE: Cylinder head identification - '70 TR6
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 08:04:54 -0800
        Glenn:

        I don't think there is anything wrong here. The pushrods are
closer to the head
because the ratio of 1.75:1 requires that the pushrod be moved closer to
the
rocker fulcrum, which means they are closer to the head. You will need
to remove the
head and grind the head to clearance the pushrods.
        As I recall (never very reliable) the stock ratio for US is
~1.45:1 and for the
PI versions is ~1.55:1. So a 1.75:1 ratio is a big pop, and it is not
surprising
that you have run into clearance problems. This is racing hardware, and
you must expect
this sort of thing when going to such aggressive ratios. You will of
course need to
check for coil bind and can expect reduced cam life with such extreme
components.
        Any chance you would consider 1.65:1 rockers instead?

        Vance

1974 Mimosa Yellow Triumph TR6
Cogito Ergo Zoom
(I think, therefore I go fast)