Shock Conversion - Choices

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Shock Conversion - Choices
From: "Michael Corbitt" <Michael_Corbitt@ous.edu>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 09:14:02 -0800
Thanks to all who responded to my request for Revington's web site.  It appears
I had the correct URL as part of all the links I was trying last night, but it
may have just been down at the time.

Discussion/opinions on the different choices of rears suspensions is of great
interest to me as it's the next thing I plan to tackle on my TR.  If history
repeats itself, I'll change my mind at least twice about each option until I
settle in on one that is the best long-range overall fit (larger tire sizes
(currently I have 165s) adjustable shocks, etc) for me.

The comments about Revington's setup is appealing because general opinion seems
to think it's well thought out (implies strength, handling, etc).  In looking
at Roger William's "How to Restore ..." chapter on rear suspension, he comments
on the TR Bitz's (p. 133) ability to give maximum control.  I've not heard
anyone speak to the Bitz suspension.  Revington's is a totally different design
but written comments about both seem to indicate they each provide maximum
handling.  Is the Bitz designed sold by anybody?  Does anybody have these
installed?

I like the simplicity and apparent strength of Horton's design, but I don't
recall seeing anything definitive about the Horton's ability to accommodate a
"hooded shock".  Does anyone know one way or another whether "hooded shocks"
are a possibility with Horton's bracket not?

As always, many thanks to those of you who take time to share your knowledge
and opinions.

MIke
69 TR6