lubrication & oils recommendations

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: lubrication & oils recommendations
From: Jim Jones <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 18:08:34 -0800 (PST)
6Packers:

Many thanks for the replies on this query. They do help. There seems to be
general agreement that I use 30W non-detergent oil in the gearbox and 80W/90
GL-4 hypoid oil in the diff. Similarly, most repsondents say to use a quality
20W50 in the engine. The previous owner of my car who WAS knowledgable, used
Mobil 1 20W50 mostly because he drove the car less than 2000 miles per year and
wanted to change the oil only annually. Apparently, he felt that the synthetic
"aged" better in the motor than conventional oils.

Thanks again!

Jim Jones
'72 Emerald