Re: VIN on Windshield post

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: VIN on Windshield post
From: "Hugh McAleer" <hrmcaleer@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 21:00:26 -0400
Dan Master shared:
> Be aware!  In some states, Tennessee included, your car can be confiscated
if
> that tag is missing. No questions asked, no options - your car is gone.
With
> no recourse, no reimbursement. You won't even get transportation home.

The car I wrote about with all of the numbers removed was in fact from TN.
On the 'A' door post is a tag in the shape of TN that looks like it has a
been assigned a number by that state.

Thanks for the reply, and thanks to everyone else that responded.  The
consensus ( very un-scientific ) was that all TR6s and late 250s had the
windscreen tag.  Early 250s do not seem to have come with the tag.

Take Care

Hugh R. McAleer
'68 TR250 driver
Zebulon, GA