Re: Painting Questions

To: Dwayne Cooper <dc_bruin@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Painting Questions
From: Walt Boeninger <walt.boeninger@hp.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 09:29:24 -0700
Dwayne Cooper wrote:

> First, my car seems to have some sort of stone-guard-type covering on
> the bottom of the rocker panels.  It starts below the trim piece and is
> currently painted the body color.  I was looking at the white car on the
> cover of the recent Moss catalog, and it looks like the rocker panels
> are black.  Is the stoneguard stuff original (maybe a dealer option)?
> If so, what is the correct color (body or black) and what's a suitable
> replacement material?

Black.  here's a picture of our original paint 74, you can just see the
back section of the rocker:

http://www.norcal-saac.org/triumph/pa060014.jpg

Sorry, no picture of the rear detail....

> Second, the back of the original car is black and the jambs all around
> seem to be body color.  What color is the jamb around the trunk opening
> supposed to be?  Is it body color on the sides and black (to match the
> rear panel) on the rear edge?  Or is the whole thing body color with a
> masked edge on the back?
>
> Finally (for now), does anyone have a close up picture showing the rear
> panel that they could share?  I'm trying to figure out where the correct
> edge is for the transition from black to body color should be.  I'm sure
> (as in most things triumph) that this varied from painting-shift to
> painting shift, but want to see use a good example as a guide.

  ------
Regards

Walt Boeninger - Nor Cal SAAC         67 GT500     | 67 Shelby T-A #31
http://www.norcal-saac.org            71 Boss 351  | 97 5.0 Explorer
mailto:walt.boeninger@hp.com          99 C5 Hdtp   | 02 Mustang GT