Re: TR6 Flexible coupling on steering shaft

To: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@bellsouth.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Flexible coupling on steering shaft
From: "Greg Dito" <dito9561@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 13:04:27 -0400
Jim,

Ah!  Therein lies part of my ignorance!  I do not have a TRF TR6 catalog,
only their TR250 catalog.  And it has no reference to the alternative
hardware.  So, yes, the question is why?  And do the hex allen screws also
have a safety wire or is that omitted?  In rechecking the Rimmer online
catalog it does in fact mention some different hardware for later TR6 in
that area but the drawing is somewhat misleading.  You have to go into the
actual parts listing and then know what they are referring to when it uses
the generic term like "Bolt".  There is no mention of any such hardware in
the Moss online catalog.

Whatever the case, in my 250 it appears to be "N/A".  Thanks for clearing
this up.

Greg
CD6250L