Re: Using E-Z LOC inserts on Trailing arm studs.

To: dmallin@attglobal.net (Don Malling)
Subject: Re: Using E-Z LOC inserts on Trailing arm studs.
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 12:21:52 -0700 (PDT)
Don---If any of your threads are stripped out on the trailing arm, I'd
recommend doing it using a drill press and inserting the new, steel
threads at this time. It can be done later with a hand drill, of course,
but you'd then also have to drill thru the brake backing plate, or take
all of this out of the way.  The number of threads per inch is a matter
of choice. One could argue more treads per inch is better, countered by
those who prefer the deeper threads, but less of them.

Or you could do nothing and keep the original fastening. We know this
will work if it wasn't abused (overtightened and/or stripped) at some
time. A look at the bolts should show indication of aluminum if the
threads were pulled.

Dick