Re: Help w/ repainting gauge outer ring

To: Cregg Cowan <cowan@erg.sri.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Help w/ repainting gauge outer ring
From: Greg Dito <dito9561@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 12:52:13 -0400
Cregg,

If you can get the gage rims to a beadblaster using a fine grain it makes them
flawless.  Then  use satin black paint in very light coats until you get a
smooth well covered finish.  I had my gage rims powder coated satin black as
well as the rims around the vent eyeballs and defroster vents and they came out
like new looking practically identical in gloss level to the original black.

I believe the black material you are referring to was actually at one time a
rubber ring meant to seal the gage from condensation.  I know a replacement
O-ring set is available from the Roadster Factory and probably from other
suppliers as well.

Greg
CD6250L