Good news, bad news

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Good news, bad news
From: "Gary Cooper" <gcooper@arkansas.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 18:41:18 -0500
Well, today I got my car back from the painter... Engine bay, trunk, door
jams, underside of hood, underside of trunk, all look good...  Time to start
reassembling the car, but first I have a bit more work to do on the
suspension.

So I set about rebushing the rear suspension.   Everything came apart quiet
easily... I was going to go all out and replace the rubber bump stop on the
trailing arm, but the bolt twisted off...  I've read some things about
trailing arm studs, etc., twisting off...  How should I go about removing the
remaining bolt in the trailing arm?  Suggestions?

The other rubber bump stop is still on the car but there's not enough
clearance to get a socket on it.  Any suggestions?

The coil springs had 2 spacers on them...  Do I need to replace?

And while I'm at it, what is the easiest way to remove the old trailing arm
bushings?  I'm thinking about a suitable smaller socket to push using my vise
on the end I want to push out, then a pipe fitting on the other side large
enough to contain the old bushing being pushed out...  Is there an easier
way?

Lots of questions, any help will be appreciated....

Gary Cooper
CC75399 - 72 on it's way back to life