Remove undercoating?

To: "6Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Remove undercoating?
From: "Joseph Grant" <z28quetzal@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 20:41:25 -0400
Hi guys

Quick question:  I am doing a body-off restoration on my '72 TR6.  The body
came off this weekend, and after removing all fenders I have a question:  is
it worth or recommended to remove all the old undercoating that exists in
the fenders and on the fender body-side?

The majority of the undercoating is still in place and I am wondering if I
should remove it.  What have you guys done on your restorations?  If you
have removed the undercoating, how was it done?

Thanks,

Joe