Re: Gas fumes in truck

To: CalBaum@aol.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gas fumes in truck
From: "Todd Bermudez" <red_tr250@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 08:10:11 -0400
Don,

Could be what you're thinkin', but it also could be the seal between the
sending unit & the tank.  Pretty sure it's a cork gasket.  Remove the
fiberboard that covers the tank (you'll probably need to do this regardless
what the problem) fill the tank & drive it...without the wife.  Stop the car
& check it out.  If it is that gasket, remove all the bolts securing the
tank as well as the pipe for the fill cap & the tank will rock backwards.
This will allow you to get to the screws that secure the sending unit.  It
will need to come all the way out.  I used hylomar on both sides of the
gasket.  Fixed me right up!

Good luck,

Todd Bermudez
68 TR250