ignition switch wiring help?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: ignition switch wiring help?
From: "mitch vamos" <mitchvamos@operamail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 23:48:30 +0100
Ok here we go. i have a 71 but decided to use the earlier ignition setup on the
switch plinth, easier to reach. the wiring diagrams for the tr250 and a 71 are
about the same. the difference i see is 2 brown/whites go to #1 terminal on the
71 and only 1 on the tr250. the wires in the harness are the same so i have
#1 nw and nw
#2 w/w/w
#3 wr
i put the 2 browns on the solenoid top terminal along with the positive off the
battery. also put the white/red wire on the spade terminal.
turn the key, and have ignition lights etc. but starter didn't turn. hmmm.
was moving to vegas and in a rush hanging the doors to have the car shipped,
the friend helping me jumped something on the starter or solenoid and the
starter kicked in fine. not sure what it was though. i have power to the
white/red at the solenoid when i turn the ignition key to start position. thanks