RE: emerald green aerosol paint

To: "Jim Jones" <cjones13393@earthlink.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: emerald green aerosol paint
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 14:05:05 -0700
        Jim:

        www.towerpaint.com.

        Go to their "Custom spray can" link, and give them the year and factory
name of the color of your car. They will provide touch up in a bottle or spray
can. It is $15 a spray can for the first can, additional cans are less and
there is no minimum order. They are 16 oz cans (as opposed to 12 oz) so that
offsets the cost a bit. They claim they can match any car if you provide the
year, make, model and factory name of the color. Supposedly they have the
formulas for any factory paint on file back to 1930.
        If your car is not the original color, they can color match from a chip
that you mail to them. They can also supply the paint in bulk if you wish to
repaint the entire car.

        I have used their product and am very happy with it, and it was
delivered within a week. Their touch up spray paint is "semi-transparent". It
will take 3 coats to completely hide primer for example, so don't expect to put
on one coat and cover that spot you re-primered. If you try to hide a blemish
with one heavy coat, it will run. The upside is you can feather it easily to
blend it into your existing paint.
        If I can do it, so can you. Wet sand with 900 or 1000 grit, then buff.
Works great.

        Vance