Removal of input shaft, binding on constant gear

To: "Web_disscusion List" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Removal of input shaft, binding on constant gear
From: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 14:14:18 -0500
 I've been trying to get a TR4 transmission (CT60064)  apart, just for my own
educational purposes, but the input shaft  bearing will only come out so far
then it binds on the constant gear which is still in line with the other gears
on the countershaft. What is troubling me is that according to what I've read
the gears in the bottom of the tranny should drop down when the countershaft
is tapped out the back, well this hasn't happened. I've tried to persuade it
into dropping by tapping on it lightly with a stick of wood, but it doesn't
budge.
  Any ideas on what to try?  I didn't think there were any significant
differences between the TR4 and TR6 trannies.

  Sorry for the bad use of terminology.

Richard Seaton
RSH17@msn.com
View My restoration @ (http://groups.msn.com/Richards69TR6Restoration)