Need New TR6 Gas Tank

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Need New TR6 Gas Tank
From: "Bob Fabie" <RFabie@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 23:00:43 -0400
Some time ago I concluded with certainly that my occasional fuel interruption
problem was the result of rust/crud in the gas tank. Today I drained and
removed the tank. What I pulled out of the tank was a 1 1/2 square foot sheet
of rubbery material which had been floating along the bottom and occasionally
blocking the fuel outlet (that's why it took so long to even drain the tank).
I took a digital photo of this if anyone would like to see it since even I
couldn't believe it. This material is obviously a previous owners attempt at
sealing the tank with a sealing/sloshing compound that obviously didn't stick
to at least one side of the tank.

Unfortunately, the exterior of the tank shows evidence of fiberglass repair in
one spot. I'm not interested in having anyone attempt to recondition this
tank. I want to buy a new replacement tank. I'm aware that exact replacements
are no longer available. I'm also aware that Victoria British (I think)sells
an aftermarket tank but it seems a little expensive ($500 or $600?).  Can
anyone offer me any other sources for these tanks.

Look forward to hearing form you.
Thanks.

Bob Fabie