Piston ring gap

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Piston ring gap
From: "Ken Owens" <kenowens@mchsi.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 19:06:12 -0400
I just received a set of rings from BPNW and am trying to determine the
correct compression ring gap setting. Engine also bored .020 over  The rings
were made by Deves (cast iron alloy )and the chart that accompanied the rings
states the gap for a bore ranging from 60.00 - 89.99 mm should be .008 - .014
inches .  Haynes indicated the gap should be for chrome plated .012 - .017.
Should I go with .011 as this is the middle of the Deves range and about the
size of the bore?

Suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Ken Owens
'71 TR6 and getting more road ready by the day!