RE: Engine bay stripping

To: "Sterrett Smith" <sterrettsmith@hotmail.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Engine bay stripping
From: "Stephen Hanselman" <tr6@kc4sw.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 12:16:26 -0700
If it's not in bad shape why strip.  Sand and re-paint.  The folks who did
my exterior told me that if the paint is well adhered there is no reason to
mess with it.  Having said that I sanded then primed mine with an etching
epoxy primer and then color painted with a single stage Urethane.

Steve
tr6@kc4sw.com
www.kc4sw.com/triumph.htm
1972 TR6

Looks like I'll be pulling my engine for some much needed attention.  Since
it was out, I thought it would be a great time to "clean up" the engine bay
and repaint it.

Here's my question, obviously they bay can't be dipped.  What would be the
best way to strip the old paint?  Chemical? Media blasting?

Thanks in advance,

Sterrett Smith
'68 TR250