Door Checkstrap Info

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Door Checkstrap Info
From: Acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 20:42:12 -0400
Hi List:

Tonight I thought I would do something simple, replace the door checkstraps and
rubber gaiters.  Well the gaiter was easy but it appears that I am missing a
part or some parts of the checkstrap mechanism.  I have looked in Roger
Williams book, the Bentley service manual, the Haynes book, the TRF catalog,
Moss Motors catalog and Victoria British catalog and cant find any reference to
what must be something behind the checkstrap.  My understanding was that when
operating properly these doors will open and the mechanism will give off an
audible snap and hold the door open until shut manually.  Can someone lend some
assistance and let me know where to look to find some info on this mechanism,
the parts involved and where I might find an illustration or picture and/or
description of how it is supposed to work.  Thanks in advance.

Aaron Cropley
Topsham, Maine
71 TR6 with new waist seals(what a PITA) and door pulls