74 TR6 Clutch "adjustment"

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: 74 TR6 Clutch "adjustment"
From: "Gary R." <gary@tpartners.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 18:07:51 -0400
Good old CF15697U is purring quite nicely so its on to testing out the new
transmission and clutch. I bled the new slave (original clutch master still
in) and set the rod on the center hole in the actuating rod. I saw movement,
but it's very little. With the push rod in the center actuator lever hole
the clutch drags (I can only start it in gear and hold it with the brake). I
moved it to the upper hole and now I can get it in gear but the clutch is
engaged about 1 inch off the floor. The clutch, TO bearing, fork, locking
pin, are all new and stock. To be sure I'm getting maximum travel I plan on
trying to bleed it again to double check for air but I'm wondering if this
is a common occurrence with all new parts as there is no real "adjustment"?
Is shimming the slave out a possibility or is it more likely a master
cylinder issue?

Thanks for any help!
Gary R.
Woodbury, CT