RE: Transmission Removal - Also thrust washers

To: <Gameparker@cs.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Transmission Removal - Also thrust washers
From: "Darrell Ramsey" <dmramsey6@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 10:53:47 -0700
Geoff:
The 14 thousandths you're measuring includes the fact that the bearing
surface of the thrust washer itself has worn away.  Don't assume you need to
go oversize at all.  A standard washer may bring you back in spec.

Darrell

Geoff wrote....
        .... set up a plunge gauge and pulled the flywheel back and forth and
        got 14 thousandths - my manual says between 6 and 8 thou.  Could 6-7
thou.
        cause my situation?  Regardless I want to change them out, but here is
my
next
        dilemma:  oversized thrust wasters are available in 5 and 15 thou.  If I
use the
        5 thou. it won't bring me into the recommended range and 15 thou with
lock
the
        crank up.