Brake Problem

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake Problem
From: Acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 16:45:49 -0400
Hi List,

Here is a brake problem I havent heard discussed before, but it is a problem I
have.  The brake pedal alternately feels firm and catches high and quick, or it
is not so nearly firm and catches about halfway down through the pedal travel.
I am sure everyone can appreciate my technical description.

Now for the history.  This winter I did the following.  The MC was rebuilt.
The servo was taken off and drained of the missing brake fluid and since it
seemed to be working just fine, I cleaned it up and reinstalled it.  Both
calipers have been rebuilt.  Seals in the PDWA have been replaced.  All the
brake lines in the front have been removed, and cleaned up and/or replaced
where necessary.  The system has been put back together, switched to silicone
and bled.  Before last winter, and even after the MC started to leak the brakes
were great, catching firm and high on the pedal.

Not that long ago I had a leak at the PDWA.  It no longer leaks and the level
of fluid has not dropped at all in the last month.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Aaron Cropley
71 TR6