RE: Clutch Master Cylinder

To: "'The Romagni's'" <mrdr@buckeyeweb.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Clutch Master Cylinder
From: "Jim Swarthout" <jswarth1@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 14:20:52 -0400
Marty,

Bench bleeding is really an unnecessary, messy, pain in the butt.

Mount the master cylinder

Open the bleeder at the slave cylinder...attach tubing to the nipple at
the end of the bleeder so that the brake fluid can drain into a small
can.

Fill the Master cylinder reservoir.

Press the pedal 2-3 times, (about 3/4 of the way to the floor), to get
things started, (yes with the bleeder open). Within a minute or so the
fluid will start dropping. Allow about half the reservoir to empty then
close the bleeder, fill the reservoir.

Works every time, only takes 5 minutes, no help needed. No air left!

Jim Swarthout

Hi everyone,

The clutch master cylinder is dripping away and the fluid is black, so
I've
ordered a replacement. R&R seems pretty straight forward. Do I have to
bench
bleed the clutch master cylinder before I install it in the car? I
remember
doing this when I replaced the brakes.

Thanks in advance

Marty Romagni