Re: Hot Wheels

To: rangercs@bellsouth.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hot Wheels
From: Acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 14:02:27 -0400
Craig,
I think the answer to your question will become apparent when you take a look
at the rear wheels/brakes/emergency brake/ etc.  I doubt it is the wheel
bearings since you describe both rims as being hot.  The likelihood of both
wheel bearings going bad at the same time isnt great.  Also, if it were the
wheel bearings chances are that you would know it by sound and feel of how the
car drove long before it got to be that hot.  More than likely your problem is
somewhere within your emergency brake system since it isnt likely that both
brakes suddenly decided to start grabbing at the same time.  The
buckeyetriumphs.org website does a wonderful job outlining just about every
brake procedure on the TR6 and is an excellent resource.  I have printed off
all the articles and have them in a notebook to reference when I am doing brake
work.  Check it out and let the list know what it is that you find.
Aaron CropleyTopsham, Maine