Question about leather seat kits from Moss

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Question about leather seat kits from Moss
From: "Rex Townsend" <rrt@connectexpress.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 13:37:12 -0700
I would like to hear from anyone who has bought a leather reupholstery kit
from Moss Motors.  About 18 months ago, I had a local Seattle shop that
specializes in LBCs rebuild my seats with new leather kits from Moss.
Although it wasn't listed in their catalog, Moss made up a leather kit for
my 1969 with the folding headrests.  All told, the shop charged me a fortune
to rebuild the frames and install the kits over new foam, but the results
were so good that I almost forgave them for the huge dent in my bank
account.  The seats looked and felt fantastic, and the aroma of new leather
was intoxicating.  Unfortunately, a year and a half later the leather is
starting to noticably age and show creases that appear like they are about
to start cracking, despite my frequent applications of Lexol leather
treatment.  By the way, the car is nearly always garaged and lives here in
the cool Pacific Northwest where leather drying out from hot, dry weather
shouldn't be an issue. If anyone else has purchased a leather seat kit from
Moss, I would like to hear how well it has held up.

Rex Townsend
CC26713L