Re: fuel gauge is fogging up

To: britishtr6@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: fuel gauge is fogging up
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 09:56:51 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 britishtr6@earthlink.net wrote:

> Hello,

Hi.

> I need some thoughts on this matter: my fuel gauge is fogging up;
> especially when it is humid and hot. None of the other gauges are
> getting fogged. Do I need new seals and gaskets? Can anyone explain
> this strangeness? The fuel gauge is electrical, right?

You need to drive your car more. My gauges fog up periodically is I
haven't been driving the car, but when I store it (over the winter, for
example), the first few times out I get fogging.

I The car has done this since new in 1974.

> Any thought would be great.

If fogging gauges is just plain too much for you, you can purchase
replacement gauges from other sources like VDO and Auto Meter and others.
The TR6 gauges are 2-1/16" diameter.

I have run VDO in the race car for 4 years, and they don't fog despite
having been soaked through and through in drenching rain (both while
racing and while being towed to/from races).

> Thanks, Jon

good luck
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |