Re: ominous tranny noise

To: "Mark Creamer" <mcreamer@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: ominous tranny noise
From: "Gary Fluke" <res0s0t7@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 19:37:16 -0700
Mark,

I have located ominous noises many times by getting my BA screwdriver out
and placing the tip on a component housing and pressing my ear against the
end of the plastic handle.  It usually works very well.  You might want to
try contacting the bellhousing first, as it would be easy to get a long
screwdriver to touch it from the engine compartment.  If the noise is coming
from the gearbox it will be really loud at the end of the screwdriver.

Gary
'73