Re: Installed Defective Cam. Need Advice On New One

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Installed Defective Cam. Need Advice On New One
From: "Bob Fabie" <RFabie@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 10:21:43 -0400
Thanks for the reply, David.
For everyone's benefit, I should state the obvious and assure all that the
cam was properly broken in, cam lube was used and the valves were adjusted
to cam specs. As I noted in my original posting, I'm not assigning blame
until I see the cam and the lifters. One or the other caused the problem, so
one or the other was defective. I know/have heard from several owners who
have installed the Piper cam and have not had problems.
I'll keep you and the list posted.

Bob Fabie