Body Alignment Shims

To: "6pack \(E-mail\)" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Body Alignment Shims
From: "Cliff Davies" <cdavies@holzher.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 11:39:50 -0400
I am short about 6 body shims. The body hardware
kits supply the minimum amount
Why did they use aluminum? Other places (floor
mounts) had steel spacer plates (factory)?
Anyone make up their own aluminum ones ?

I notice that now that the body is back on
(everything except interior) in place that the
distance from the top of the tires
(front and back) is about 4" inches from the
bottom of the fender lips. I have replaced all
shocks and bushes but not the springs.
If I push on the rear end I get a bottom out sound
from the spring?  Am I panicking for nothing?

FWIW, I put my hood on in 15 minutes alone with
perfect alignment. I can't remember who on the
list, might be Mark Hooper,
suggested this, Here's how - placed the hood in
position with good gaps... from the front with no
grill inserted the hood hinges
loosely installed all bolts except the outrigger
ones. Next pushed the hood up to align the hood to
the fender tightened the 2 bolts that secure the
hinge to the body. Next, micro adjusted the hood
gaps all four sides, tightened the bolts hinge to
hood. Opened hood added outrigger bolts put hood
stay on adjusted cones for up/down at the cowl.
Checked everything again and lowered the hood into
perfect position,  alone, no chalk, no cussing.
Hope this helps someone else. Was I just
incredibly lucky??

Cliff