RE: TR250 brake MC disassembly

To: "Creamer, Mark" <CreamerM@cintas.com>
Subject: RE: TR250 brake MC disassembly
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 13:21:55 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

I wound up snarfing up a 1 foot length of 1/2" hex bar stock from a
machine shop. It worked perfectly and the cost was dirt cheap.

If there's a metal supplier in your area, call them and ask about random
cutoff lengths of materials. You can often purchase them for cheap money
(usually by the pound).

Better still - if you have a friend or relative that is a machinist see if
they ever see scraps in the recycling pile.

Bottom line - some of these things are pretty hard to get apart, but I've
had luck with my setup, and when extra leverage is needed, don't be afraid
the try a long lever (but mount the MC in the vise supporting the body,
NOT the ears - unless you want to buy a new MC).

rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |