Ignition timing and the tem sensing switch

To: "6 Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ignition timing and the tem sensing switch
From: "Stephen Hanselman" <tr6@kc4sw.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 09:07:25 -0700
Hi All,

Given all of the discussion on the distributor and earlier threads on the
temp sensor/vacuum switch I have come to the conclusion that leaving that
switch out is more than likely the cause of a lot of very hot engines.

Over this last weekend while doing a search for the infamous "miss" I
managed to almost boil the engine over.  After reading Dick's(at least I
think it was Dick's) answer about what the switch really did I hooked it
back up properly and then watched RPM, Temp, and Vacuum, it never got real
hot again.  The conditions for this test were 160deg thermo, 95deg F
ambient, 4400 feet, NO breeze through Garage.

This may be that one piece of emissions equipment that really needs to be
left on

Steve
tr6@kc4sw.com