Replacements for TRF "Too Tall" Springs?

To: TR6 list <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Replacements for TRF "Too Tall" Springs?
From: William Maslin <cwrm4@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 06:20:07 -0700 (PDT)
The PO of my 74 TR6 installed the TRF Uprated Springs
-- the ones that make the car ride 1.5" too high and
adversely affect the camber.

I'd like to replace these, admittedly more for
aesthetic reasons than anything else.

In looking at replacements, I've zeroed in on either
the Moss standard springs ($25/ea) or the Goodparts
uprated springs ($50/ea). I'm aware that the Goodparts
springs lower the car approximately 1" -- not a big
deal to me as I think TR's look better a little low.

My concern is about ride quality. I live in downtown
Houston, land of terrible streets, and, save for
occasionally trips into the TX Hill Country, can't do
much spirited driving in the TR. With the TRF springs,
the ride quality is acceptable, though anything much
stiffer would be probably be annoying on a daily
basis.

Can anyone tell me how much firmer the ride quality
would be with the Goodparts springs vs. the TRF ones?
Or any other recommendations on new springs?

BTW the car rides on original steel wheels with Coker
replacement 185 redlines.

Thanks,

William
'74 TR6