RE: transmission oil

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: transmission oil
From: "Mark Creamer" <mcreamer@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 22:55:16 -0400
Michael, I put the car on 4 jackstands, and the trick to this process
for me has been a bottle with a pump and hose. I found one at Autozone
for this purpose (the pump was an accessory designed to fit a bottle of
cheap GL-4 that I dumped and replaced with some quality stuff.) The hose
has a plastic attachment that wedges inside the filler hole. Then you
simply pump the fluid in until it starts to spill out the side. Wipe up
the excess, replace the plug, and you're all set.
<mc>

<Michael wrote...>

Listers:

I read in my shop manual that I should top off the transmission oil
every
6000 miles.  It describes doing so with the car on a flat surface.
What,
exactly, is the procedure for doing this?  I see the fill plug, but once
I take the
car down from the ramps I'm not sure how I'm going to get to it.  Do I
need to
have the car on a lift or on 4 jackstands to do this?  Also, how exactly
do
you add oil to the filler hole?  It doesn't look like you could just
pour it in
the way you add oil to the top of the motor if it needs some.  The
filler hole
is in a tight place along the side of the transmission.

Advice needed!  Thanks as always.

Michael Samuels
'70 TR6 PI CP 51797 LP
Miami Beach, FL