Re: gauges

To: "Dwayne Cooper" <dc_bruin@hotmail.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: gauges
From: "Gregory Dito" <g.dito@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 11:13:13 -0400
Dwayne,

I often wondered about that question myself, even though I do not own a
later 6 with the chrome bezels.  Before you consider doing any of the
following polish the heck out of them using Mother's or Blue Magic chrome
polish (strong odor but great stuff).  You might be pleasantly surprised at
the result.  I've done this with later bezels and large pits often end up
being small pin sized dots.  It might make those larger bezels less annoying
to where you feel the need to so something drastic.

If they are really pitted and polishing does not cut it  then I see three
1) buy a used gage with a better bezel (if you're lucky can get them off
eBay for $25-$30)
2) bead blast and chrome the ones you have then try to paint the inner
portion
3) bead blast and paint or powdercoat them satin black like earlier TR6s.

Unfortunately #1 and #2 are neither easy or inexpensive.  #3 is the easiest
of the lot but not stock.  What does VB say about offering the larger
bezels?

Greg
CD6250L