Re: solonoid eating TR6

To: tr6taylor@webtv.net
Subject: Re: solonoid eating TR6
From: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 19:55:31 EDT
Dick,
thanks for the advice.  I took the starter to a shop.  The electrician told
me the same thing.  Plus, a new motor, with better compression, etc... would
be more difficult to turn over.  I used it a lot while tuning the car.  It
will be repaired tomorrow, hopefully reinstalled before the weekend is
finished.  Bob Lang cited your experience in diagnosing timing chain
problems.  If you read my other posting, and his response, the "racket" I'm
hearing in my engine may be due to a broken/weak tensioner.  How can I use
the distributor to check this out?  The engine I bought came out of a wrecked
car.  The car hit a tree.  The engine stopped abruptly as evidenced by a
couple of sheared off fan blades where the radiator was forced into the fan.
Could this have damaged the timing chain/tenisoner/gears?  The engine runs
great...except for the noise.
Joe Davis (sorry for the long narratives)