Head work

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Head work
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 14:51:57 -0700 (PDT)
Well, I finally was able to get some work done on my TR6 today.  Many
thanks to everyone for their suggestions a few weeks back on how to get
the head off my car.  I ended up pulling all the studs out using two
7/16" jam nuts.  Then I put a lever into one of the intake ports, and
pushed up on the lever.  The head popped off no problem.  I had thought
about using the rope trick, but accessing the crank bolt is difficult
to do on my car, thanks to the big 16" puller fan I have mounted on the
rad...

Anyway, time for my question.  Now that I have the head off, I need to
get it serviced.  I need the following done:

-Hot tank, crack test, and pressure check the head
-Make some modifications to my stainless exhaust header (a bit of
cutting, bending, and welding on two of the pipes to make them fit
better)
-Port match the exhaust header to the head

Can anyone suggest a good shop in the Philadelphia, PA area for this
kind of work?  One place I figured I'd check with is Power British, but
I'm just wondering if they can do this kind of work and if anyone has
had any dealings with them and can comment as to the quality of their
work.  Kai Radicke: I know you are from the Philly area, perhaps you
can make some suggestions?...

Thanks!

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6