Re: Valve Spring Compressor

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Valve Spring Compressor
From: "Jim Swarthout" <jswarth1@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 20:41:02 -0400
For those who may be interested,

I created a valve spring compressor over the week-end.

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/tr6tech/ then click on "Tools"

I hate those universal screw type spring compressors. They're great for
emergencies, on any number of different engines. I just like having
specialty tools, so I went to the shop and made one.

I'm sure that others have come with their own unique ideas, but this
works great!

It's based on the same idea as those chevy spring compressors that are
made as a flat stamping. The chevy tool doesn't have enough reach to get
the job done on a TR.

Best regards,

Jim Swarthout