GearBox Fluid

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: GearBox Fluid
From: "Melissa" <CHRIS.LUMMIS@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 22:56:28 -0500
Hello Group...I have the transmission tunnel off to replace it with a new
fiberglass piece and would like to
change the transmission fluid.  1975 TR6 no O/D
Q. is the top up plug the one I see on the drivers side of the gearbox ? (
sitting on the inside of the car with cover off )
     I began removing it and heavy brown fluid began to run out.  Normal ??
Q.  is the transmission drain plug the one I see right on the bottom of the
transmission casting seam ?
Q.  what is a good transmission fluid to use and does where does it go?

Thanks again for your input to the cleaning question.
Chris