Brake lines and PDWA

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake lines and PDWA
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 23:25:59 -0500
The wire brush was the answer... ;-)

I wire brushed the brake line nuts, and after that the edges of PDWA
looked nice and shiny. The rust hadn't gone very deep into the brass....
Hmmmm....I saw that and wondered how rusty could brass get..... not much
worse than brass hardware on boats... So I cranked a little harder on my
little short flare wrench and the nuts started to turn, but so did the
brake lines -- twisted right along with the nuts.

Even someone as automotive mechanically challenged as me could see the
simple answer to this one..... the HACKSAW. Presto...PDWA is out. Needed
new brake lines anyway.

Don Malling